What is NATA 2022?
National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA) is a national level entrance exam conducted for candidates seeking admission to undergraduate programs in Architecture (5-year BArch). NATA exam is conducted by the Council of Architecture (CoA). The exam was started in 2006 to help students avoid appearing in multiple aptitude tests. Since 2019, CoA has decided to conduct the test twice a year. Candidates will have the choice of appearing in one or both exams.
It is conducted online, i.e., computer-based tests (CBT), and offline, i.e., pen & paper-based tests (PBT). This test assesses the drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, and critical thinking ability of the candidate pursuing Architecture. The exam is conducted at designated centers which are discussed below.
NATA is an eligibility test specifically for candidates
who wish to pursue B.Arch. All top Architecture colleges in India accept the
The table below shows some important highlights regarding the NATA 2022 exam.
|NATA 2022 Highlights|
|Full Form||National Aptitude Test in Architecture|
|Conducting Body||Council of Architecture (CoA)|
|Exam Mode||Online/ Pen-Paper Based|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
NATA measures the aptitude of the applicant for specific field of study, i.e. Architecture, through assessment of cognitive skills, visual perception and aesthetic sensitivity tests, logical reasoning and critical thinking ability, etc., besides the learning that the candidate has acquired over the past few years and is related to the specific field of study.
- It requires candidates to complete Class 12 Examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or 10 + 3 Diploma with Mathematics ad a compulsory subject.
- Candidates who will be appearing for the qualifying exams in the current year can also apply for NATA 2022.
- NATA 2022 will be held in online mode for a duration of 3 hours, Candidates can check
How to prepare for NATA?
NATA is different from other entrance tests in the sense that, unlike other entrance tests, NATA Syllabus judges the aptitude of candidates
- This makes it essential for candidates to practice NATA Previous year papers and the syllabus of the 10th and 12th classes.
- Candidates should start giving online tests to improve their time management while giving the exam.
- Make a proper schedule and start solving questions from the 10th and 12th books to ensure that your basics are good. This will also enable you to attempt difficult questions in the exam.
- Learn from the resources available online and make your own notes for revision.
How IGNITE Help the students?
Each student is unique in strengths, experiences, and varying degrees of support from family and the community. All of these things impact student learning. IGNITE helps to create a positive environment for learning.
Students were guided and trained by IIT alumni and highly experienced faculties. The students get an interactive session with the faculties which makes the learning easier. IGNITE focuses on giving individual attention to the students, it helps the students clarify their doubts. IGNITE has developed a unique method to engage the students in classrooms so that foundation learning will be done in the classroom itself. The focus on students during online classes was very well taken care of by the faculties. IGNITE permits 25 students in each class to ensure grass root level learning for the students.
- Updated Study Material
- Frequent Mock test
- 25 students per batch
- Interactive sessions with the faculties.
- Frequent Feedback from Your Students
Coaching and training scheme
- Repeaters batch
It starts in the month of June for the students who can dedicate a whole year for NATA/JEE entrance examinations. Plus two passed-out students are eligible for this.
- Crash batch
IGNITE has two crash batches. One during Christmas vacation and another during the summer vacation, which will be starting in April. This is an intensive coaching program to give a basic understanding of the exam.
- Weekend batch
This is for plus two ongoing students. This helps the students to prepare themselves during their curriculum itself. This coaching method will be done without obstructing their academic studies.